Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Brimfield Fun!!

This past week was the first Brimfield Antiques Show of 2011, and may I just say....I...Love...Brimfield!  Acres upon acres of antique sellers with great bargains around every corner and even more amazing inspiration.  For those of you who do not know, the Brimfield Antiques Show means six days of antique sellers gathering in Brimfield, Massachusetts, and subsiquently, thousands of showgoers coming from around the country.  Your mind could go cazy trying to absorb it all, and it is so much fun to try.

Here are a few pictures that I snapped during our adventures.  Our favorite time to go is Sunday, even though it is the last day and not all the fields are open, I find it is a great day to get a bargain.  I find this especially true if you are looking for something that needs a little TLC so you can put some personal elbow grease into making it something special.  Many times I run into sellers who would like to pack up as little as possible, and are willing to offer great prices so you take it home instead of them.

So, enjoy a bit of eye candy...




I loved all the window sashing...so many ideas!  And the leather lounge chair on the right was awesome.  Too bad it needed a little too much TLC, even for me.


I drool over the textile and fashion tents.  I did bring home an adorable 1950's straw hat.


Yes...some of these did come to my house.


Each time we go to Brimfield this ends up being one of my favorite tents.  This guy has every kind of hardware you can imagine and it is all just waiting for someone with great imagination.  If I could, I would try to take it all home to play with and be inspire by...just look at it...


Now comes the hard part....waiting until the July Brimfield show!

For even more discussion about Brimfield, head over to one of my favorite blogs, Design*Sponge.

Stay tuned for some upcoming projects surounding some of my Brimfield finds...


What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment