Thursday, February 23, 2012

One 1810s dress...DONE!

I finally finished Kate's dress and spencer jacket this weekend.  I was in need of a little added inspiration, so I put on Mansfield Park and set to work.  All in all it turned out pretty well.  The spencer gave me some headaches, but since I do not yet have a lot of practice in pattern adjustment I think it all worked out in the end.  Here is the finished product


Kate is coming to pick it up on Sunday and I can't wait to see how the spencer fits.  The last time she tried it on it was a muslin mock-up with one sleeve!

In other news, you might start seeing a little bit more decorating type DIY on Midwest Nutmeg.  We are moving into a new apartment and it needs a little bit of design to make it home.  So, expect a few DIY home projects, before and after photos, and who knows what else.  It is a new and exciting adventure! 


Have you finished any projects lately?  Or planning any life changes?

No comments:

Post a Comment