Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A hidden advantage to craftyness...

I am constantly a girl on the hunt for a bargain, and often times that means finding something on the racks that is there because of a small problem making it undesirable to most, but perfect for us crafty types!  This weekend I spent a much needed mini-vacation in Providence....Boston is cool, and I love living close to Manhattan, but Providence will forever hold a special place in my heart as my favorite city in the North East.  While there, a few bargains found their way back to Connecticut.  One of them required a bit of crafty ingenuity to make them perfect. 


Although these mitts are wonderful, they came with a slight flaw....the severe lack of a button on the right mitt.  This is one reason I love being crafty.  Instead of having to pass up the amazing green pair (this was the only pair left) and having to go with the "safer" black pair that boasted two buttons, I was able to bring them home, dig through my button jar, and make them perfect once more!


This is the ever ellusive, "perfect crafter's bargain."  A dress, still being sold in the store at full price, but this particular one found its way to the bargain rack because it was missing one of the all-important buttons that held the strap to the dress.  Easy Fix!!!!  Again, to the button jar I went, and I emerged with an amazing dress at half the price, just because I was able to change out some missing buttons!


One of the best parts of our trip, however, (besides visiting friends, of course) was going to the Elmwood Diner in Providence and eating these AMAZING orange and cinnamon pancakes with sweet butter and real maple syrup.  I'll have to hunt down a recipe for these :-)


Have you ever found a hidden bargain because of your crafty abilities?

No comments:

Post a Comment