Monday, January 23, 2012

Kate's Dress

I'm making my friend Kate a dress, an 1810s dress.  We found this beautiful fabric and since I didn't have work on Saturday because it looked like this outside...


I spent the day working on it.  It is so nice getting a large chunk of time to devote to a single project, you can always make such progress.  I did a bit of Frankenstein work on the pattern, since Kate liked the top of one pattern but wanted it with the short, puffed sleeves or the other pattern.  So, this is the resulting bodice.


And here is the entire dress.  I think it turned out really nicely, and the color for the sash is perfect.


There is also fabric to make a brown spencer jacket, which uses the long sleeves that are supposed to be on this dress combined with an adjusted pattern for the other dress bodice with a lot of tweeks.  You'll be seeing that project later.


What do you like to work on when you find yourself with extra time?

No comments:

Post a Comment